March 14, 2020. God has been so good to us at Highpoint, and I am thankful that He is always in control! I also believe that prayer truly makes a difference in needy times like these. Scripture says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” We will take precautions, but with God we will not live in fear”.
In light of the Coronavirus/COVID-19, I wanted to give a few updates regarding our church services at Highpoint and what we are doing to help prevent the spread of the virus and keep us all healthy. With God, we will take precautions, but will not live in fear.
We are closely monitoring the situation and will let you know if anything changes regarding our schedule.
With these things in mind, I wanted to share some changes we are making to help keep our members and any visitors of Highpoint safe. Services dates and times will continue as scheduled.
- We’ll avoid handshaking, hugging, and other physical contact with each other.
- Weekly Sunday lunch will be suspended until this is over.
- We are suspending door to door visitation. We will use other forms of communication to reach the community with the gospel of Christ.
- Before and after each service we are adding another layer of cleaning to the church. All surfaces that come in contact with people will be disinfected thoroughly.
- Hand Sanitizer will be provided at the church
If you can’t make it, we will be live streaming all services via the Highpoint facebook page. Online giving can be done through the church website or Android App. (Apple app coming this spring). Always remember that God is still in control. I love each and every one of you, and pray for you daily. If there is anything that I can do for you (Even a visit to your home or phone call), please contact me. Stay healthy, and praise God.
Pastor Matt Souza
In the mean time, enjoy this recent video of Jenna & Jada singing.